Sunflowers Chernobyl Appeal Donor Charter
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with honesty, respect and openness.
We will ensure that we are accountable and transparent in every facet of our charity, so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in all aspects of the way we run our organisation.
To ensure that we meet our commitment to our donors and prospective donors we will:
- Provide donors with access to the organisation’s mission.
- Make freely available information about those sitting on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Provide access (print and online) to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Ensure donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Acknowledge donations in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998) ensure all donations are handled with respect and confidentiality and that donors wishes are adhered to in the context of the Data Protection Act.
- Guarantee that all relationships between donors and individuals including volunteers, employees or third party agents, representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Inform donors whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation, or hired third party agents.
- Provide donors with easy access to the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for donor names to be removed from mailing lists.
- Never have donor names shared with third parties without express permission.
- Give truthful and forthright answers to questions donors might have about the organisation.
As a charity seeking donations from the public the Sunflowers Chernobyl Appeal are committed to compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact Sunflowers Chernobyl Appeal in
writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond,
providing relevant contact details.
Sunflowers Chernobyl Appeal ltd.
Tel: 087 417 2307 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open 5 days a week from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, and closed between 1.00 pm and 2.00pm